Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Salvation lies in the bottom of a cocktail glass

I needed a place to change out of uniform.
It was on my way home.
I need a drink.

Some random girl told me I was taking an awfully long time to finish my drink as I nursed it morosely in my hand, a million miles away in my head, replaying nothing in particular over and over again.

Nothing makes sense right now.

Yes, I recognise the signs.

*****
that's just the way it is (and so it is / just like you said it would be)

no calling for help, no miraculous ess oh ess rescue mes; no portals to the past, no raging against the machine.

life goes on.

Someone wise told me this : breathe, just breathe; be still, remember you.

I'll hand down to you those same words she gave me : perhaps you'll make a better job of it than I did.


my salvation lies in a glass.

No comments: