The department secretary called up the other day :
Sec : Are you going for the hospital dinner and dance?
Me (irritated, because running busy clinic) : What? No. Thanks.
Sec : Please lah, we need someone to go
Me : No thank you
Sec : So you're going ah
Me : When is it?
Sec : At the end of the month, I'll put you and your partner down
Me : What? I have no partner. And I don't want to pay.
Sec : Its okay its paid for by the department, so you're going ya?
Me : No!
Sec : Too bad (hangs up)
Some time later I get an email from the uber secretary warning people of the consequences of backing out of the "deal", namely that the department will force defaulters to pay for their own tickets.
It gets worse, shortly after I receive an invitation card to the dinner and dance, labelled (Re-mi) and wife.
So now I'm married. I must have been pretty fucking wasted at the time because I sure as hell don't remember the ceremony.
*****
So once upon a time I would have asked the ex to go, and she would have declined because she couldn't have been seen in hospital-public with me, and I would probably have stayed at home moping and studying while my hundred bucks goes to waste while she went out clubbing with her friends. Shrug.
Anybody feel like going to a stupid hospital dinner and dance? I have two spare tickets.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I know who you can ask ;-)
~ xena
fucking fascists. i bet you can't even sue them or they will permanently make sure you don't have a career in the country.
Post a Comment