Saturday, May 21, 2011

Brave New World



So here is our brave new face of the government, selflessly drinking freshly dead maid water with great fortitude, to show the sheep that it's okay, it's all in your heads.

The fact that he does not keel over and die immediately afterwards is proof positive that the water is safe to drink, and this will, as the straits times put it, "soothe" the residents into behaving like sheep again instead of vaguely psychotic... hounds baying for blood.

I'm sorry, PAP. I'm really sorry.

This damages BG Lee's attempts to show us a brave, sensitive, empathic new-age Government, so much. It Pwns the New-PAP.

Deep breath.
Why? Because, Sir it exposes the mindset of whoever sent poor Vikram on this fool's errand (and you can see it written on his face... He's got "I can't believe I'm really doing this..." written all over his face. But well, he's the new guy so he gets to do the dirty work. And he's smart enough to know that the pipes are still contaminated; well, diluted now no doubt, but there'll still be traces of maid pee or whatever it was she released that turned the water foamy. Perhaps it's decomposing flesh. Who knows?

And predictably - to ANY F****ing halfwit, but apparently not the powers that be -- it didn't work.

I mean wouldn't you still be grossed out after this? YOU, PERSONALLY? Yes, you sir.

And the video doesn't follow the MP around to see if he gets Lao Sai later. It just ends with a thumbs up.

Hell maybe he puked it all out immediately afterwards. Most people would - the thought is revolting.

So now they're U-turning again and shutting down the water tank. After due consideration. After this token, stupid show of god knows what.

I'm sorry. I'm having a great deal of difficulty with this. The mindset still reeks of paternalism, and disconnection with the people.

I want to believe BG Lee, I really do. I want to believe he's a good man, with a good heart, with an unenviable task cast upon him. Perhaps he's just hampered by his team, who still think like retarded axe-men, instead of empathic, intelligent individuals. Who can't begin to START thinking "what would I think, if I was one of them?"

I'm not one of them. I don't live in HDB. And I'm thinking "THANK GOD I don't live in HDB" and "Those poor, poor people...." I mean imagine, a whole day worth of drinking water from the pipes because the residents committee didn't think it was relevant to tell them there was a dead woman sullying the pipes. It wasn't important to tell them. They weren't important enough to know. They didn't need to know.

So maybe nobody died (except the poor maid). But. UGHHHHhhhhh.

If I were Vikram I would sue. Honestly. :( All credit to the man for not rolling his eyes.

No comments: