D : you were too nice to her, she took your niceness for granted...
I remembered her saying almost exactly the same thing : don't be too nice to me, or i'll take you for granted.
I believed it, for a while too : relationships are a sliding scale of giving and taking, tip the balance too far in one direction and everything begins to unravel.
It was my only source of sanity, of solace during my darkest hours - because I couldn't find any other reason. And I... wanted to bear the cross.
But the idealist in this cynic, who wants to believe that hope springs eternal, wants to think : maybe with a few people it isn't like that; maybe giving just comes naturally to a few, and maybe if two people who give by nature find each other, maybe, just maybe they create... a moment that lasts, and many gifts to remember.
Monday, December 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
A good partner doesn't take you for granted. Period. Those who do are just not ready for a committed relationship.
(Yes yes easier to say when one is not in a relationship that isn't working out.)
See u in Sg.
-LL.
Post a Comment