Friday, December 5, 2008

Tree Frog

And then as I sat holding her in her car, or perhaps she was holding me, and perhaps it was she breathing into my neck, or perhaps I into hers - presents were fading into pasts with the aging night, and it was late and we were so very tired - I knew.

I recognise the signs.

I know what it means when there always seems to be so much left to say to you and yet find myself so very incapable to expressing it, hear myself voicing mere fragments of the truths and thoughts I'd been meaning to share with you, to want to listen so much more than speak.

I know what it means to find myself gravitating unbidden towards you - not for the sake of it, nor because you asked, with or without words, nor because of intimacies we could potentially share... but simply because I'd like to see you again.

I know what it means to not dare to presume you think the same, even if your actions imply your thoughts.

*****
"Let me know if you'll need dinner tomorrow?"

Laugh.
"You know I do."

1 comment:

Areia Naraenil said...

Take it slow. Emotionally too.