I misunderstood her then, and assumed she was speaking in terms of mice and men, much the way S, J's friend said it in her oxymoronic hot-mama cool-chick hongkong-triad motherly fashion (it's a stretch of imagination, but still workable, really...) - waah a doctor and a .... hen pei.
But I don't think that way; I just see people.
In hindsight I realise that I hadn't told Sara yet what she did...
Sara : ...So what does it feel like... to date an equal?
I think I understand her question now; not a question of worth and measures at all.
*****
"You have remarkable eyes" he says, looking away before he can catch himself.
What the hell?!
We know how it's done, we've never had trouble before : you look the girl square in the eye and you smile a little; it's that easy. It's an act, easy peasy. And what's a bit of play acting..
... remarkable? Graah.
What was that??
*****
And then the curtain falls -
"when i asked you if you were on the rebound, you said it had been 3 months...
but you see, i don't think i was necessarily referring to your last relationship..."
Not a seer?
With X-ray vision like that?.
graah.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
so, what does it feels like to date an equal?
Learning from the past, do you KNOW her well enough to know that she *is* truly an equal, and not just that she seems to be?
Post a Comment