The craziest, craziest thing happened last night.
And now all I'm doing is sitting down here, with butterflies in my stomach.
I haven't had the butterflies in a decade.
It's as if time is hanging in the balance, and should I be so lucky, a few hours from now... should I be so lucky. I may have reconciliation at last.
I never told anyone till last night.
When I turned Catholic, I had to undergo Confession.
It was frightening.
And the words I told the priest, the story I told, was of wronging an old, old friend. And casting her away.
The priest told me that that was not a sin, and surely there is something more my son? He wanted me to talk about sex or masturbation...
But it was a sin, in my mind.
The biggest one.
I pray. I pray to make amends, a few hours from now. Thank you for giving me this chance, Lord.
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment